Friday, June 17, 2016

A New Chapter

Assalamualaikum, dear readers! ^_^

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim
Since my last two posts were related to higher education, I’m going to continue with the topic. Alhamdulillah, after application through UPU, I have managed to obtain admission into Centre for Foundation Studies (CFS) of the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM).
Alhamdulillah, praises be to Allah.

I cannot explain how grateful I am to be offered admission into that university (even though I have to complete the foundation studies first). And this is all thanks for my parents, family, friends, teachers and anyone who might have prayed for me too. :)

And yes, as I have mentioned a lot of times, we can only plan but Allah is always the Best of Planners. I have to admit that there were lots of IIUM courses that I applied for since we had 12 to choose. It happened that my first choice was Allied Health Sciences and what Allah had destined for me happens to be Foundation in Laws J which was my 2nd choice.

Upon seeing the offer after logging into UPU Online, I was quite shocked, but grateful and happy at the same time. I was grateful because I managed to receive the offer to enroll in IIUM. What surprised me was the programme. Why? Because I have never really thought what to do, if I received an offer other than ALLHS.

And by that time, it was crucial to make a decision quick -either to accept the offer or to decline and go to matriculation. So what I did was consult my parents, my closest friends, and closest relative. And their responses, surprisingly happened to be pretty much the same. They thought that Laws really suit me and that I should absolutely accept the offer. And just like I have mentioned before, it is not that I dislike Laws and blacklisting it from my future studies but it just confuses me to leave Sciences. Especially after I realized how much I love Biology.

But still, after heart to heart talks with my parents, I finally figured out, or realized that this must be the best for me. And seeing my parents eager for me to pursue Laws, it only convinces me even more that I should accept this offer. At that moment, I thought to myself that if through this I can please them, this must be it. It’s proven my whole life, that what they decide is always better than mine. None of my friends deny my parents’ opinion either. Eventually, Alhamdulillah I accepted the offer and now here I am in the Centre for Foundation Studies IIUM.

Now, we have just finished Taaruf Week today and I am writing about it because it makes me feel happy. It’s already 11.51 pm I really want to go to sleep. But I just can’t sleep yet, since I had just eaten supper.

What I have learned from this phase of my life is that we never know what Allah prepares for us. We often hear about Allah’s answers to our prayers. There are 3 of them; Okay, Later when the right time comes, I have something better for you. It is because He always hears us and is willing to always grant our requests but He surely knows what is good for us and what is not. Which course is the best for us, and which one is not.

To believe in Allah’s power in determining the best for our lives is very essential to help us moving on. Sometimes we just hope for something too much, and when we fail to achieve it, we fall, despair and lose hope. The situation changes when we understand the Qadr. Always believe that what Allah prepares for us is the best. We will be calmer, and learn to accept the fact that not everything we want for ourselves brings us fortune and not everything we despise is our weakness. To me, it is just a matter of time before we finally realize the plans Allah made. Remember ما قدّر الله خير 

I guess this is enough for now. I am planning to post a new entry very soon, regarding a special speech during our Welcoming and Bai’ah Ceremony this morning. In shaa Allah, I will. 

Assalamualaikum and thank you :)